Work with us
As Prep Chef, you will be preparing food for delivery of our weekly meals. Menus vary week to week but the job will always consist of prepping ingredients, preparing salads, soups, side dishes as well as components of main meals, which are custom. You will be responsible for receiving groceries, rotating food in storage and keep lists of when to replace them. You will be active in co-creating weekly lunch menus for the micro-cafe and execute the making of lunch orders. All of our team are also trained to pour shots from the espresso machine and fulfill orders at the Micro Cafe Window, when necessary, so interaction with our guests will be part of your duties.
Work is part time. Days/Hours: Wednesday through Saturday. Position is $17 p/h to start.
Our Kitchen is in Washingtonville, NY. It’s a small space with a unique, home kitchen feel and lots of daylight. Our current staff of 3 main Chefs are thoughtful, nurturing and encourage creativity in the workplace.
The right fit:
- Efficient and clean when working – our space is small
- Creative with ingredients on hand
- Self motivated and punctual
- An independent thinker and problem solver
- Adaptable to training – learning and upholding the ethics of the company
- Have own transport. We are located in a fairly rural area with no public transportation
- Knowledge in alternative and standard nutrition is a bonus
- Culinary skills are necessary
Please submit resume and/or cover letter in form below or email to: SimpleEarthCuisine@gmail.com
COVID-19 considerations: Masks are required.